PRE-SELECTION THROUGH IN-COUNTRY SELECTION PROCESS
Regional competitors are those who have won annual national competitions organized by the Balkan Green Foundation (BGF) and Rockefeller Brothers Fund (RBF)'s partners. Local foundations may identify and select the top three ideas to compete in the regional competition through the mechanisms of their choice. For more information on national competition regulations and deadlines, contact ARNO in North Macedonia, FAKT in Montenegro, Lens in Kosovo, Mozaik Foundation in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Partners Albania for Change and Development in Albania, TRAG in Serbia and HumanRights360 and HIGGS in Greece.
FOLLOWING CRITERIA MUST BE MET IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR THE COMPETITION:
* The idea/business is still in the early stages of development (is not existing more than 3 years).
* The idea/business relies primarily upon local resources, including by employing local people and utilizing traditional skills.
* The idea/business has a vision or action plan for environmental sustainability
* The idea/business has a plan for economic viability and/or incremental growth.
* The idea/business has innovative approach and valuable social impact
* The idea/business has assessed the local market and is aware of its competitors and comparative advantages.
* The idea/business is innovative and unique compared to other businesses and projects in the community.
* The idea/business is having focus or contribute to one of the listed SDGs 2, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13 and 15